Monday, November 1, 2010

Taddy Blazusiak Cruel blow in Denver

Hoping to wrapping up the ’10 US Endurocross championship at the penultimate round of the series in Denver were dealt a cruel blow as the KTM Enduro Factory Team racer Taddy Blazusiak’s was unable to place higher than fifth in the event’s final due to a damaged front brake.

Hopeful of continuing his winning ways and securing the title prior to the championship’s final event in Las Vegas at the end of November, Taddy posted a qualifying lap time nearly two seconds faster than any other rider before going on to top his heat race ahead of the main event. With the main event starting in the best possible way as the Polish ace as he claimed the holeshot Taddy soon ran into troubles as a damaged front brake system slowed his pace. Doing his best to remain in contention with the front-runners, Taddy dropped back to fifth – an impressive result considering he’d ridden the majority of the race with no front brake.

The sixth and final round of the US Endurocross series takes place in Las Vegas, Nevada on November 20.
Taddy Blazusiak: ‘Of course I’m disappointed that things didn’t go the way I hoped they would, but that’s racing. What happened to my front brake is just one of those things. Everything else went really well and my bike and riding was good. With Endurocross racing so many things can happen and having won the first four rounds of the series I guess it was my turn to have a small problem. It’s not really a big deal, after all it’s not like I got injured. It just means that I have to wait until the final round of the series in Las Vegas to try and win the title. Before I got my front brake problem I’d got the fastest lap time in qualifying and then won my heat race, I even got another holeshot in the main event. It could easily have been another perfect night, it just didn’t quite work out that way.’

Results – Enduro cross ’10, Rnd 5

1.Geoff Aaron (Christini/KTM)
2.Justin Soule (Kawasaki)
3.Colton Haaker (Kawasaki)
4.Kyle Redmond (Kawasaki)
5.Taddy Blazusiak (KTM Enduro Factory Team)

No comments:

Post a Comment